Instructional Systems Designer (Trainer) with UPK Experience
Instructional Designer, UPK Training Developer, CBT, WBT, Curriculum Developer, Content Developer, Oracle EBS R12
Position Title: Instructional Designer (UPK Developer)
In this role, you will be responsible for developing learning content in User Productivity Kit (UPK) that guides users through the client’s global model. You will be part of a dynamic team for a rapid training development with high demands for content conversion and aggressive delivery of both high quality content as well as training delivery.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate with training team, training consultants, subject matter experts, end users, and others on program to create current and sustainable training content.
- Design, develop, and maintain formal learning content following a proven model, which delivers print output, self-paced computer based training (CBT), and integrated help from a single source (of truth).
- Assess, Design, develop, and implement (deliver) Train-the-Trainer (TtT) content that also provides CBT content concurrently to enable specific agency trainers with the ability to take the global model content and build upon and deliver to their own agencies.
- Conduct virtual instructor-led learning, traditional instructor-led learning, and collaborative learning events, as well as provide online integrated help content using User Productivity Kit (UPK).
- Provide practical ideas and insights to support the overall learning experience for the client, while being open to various leadership decisions.
- Maintaining high standards for instructional systems design, professional appearance, and training delivery.
- Managing time effectively, including responding to external and internal inquiries for specific areas of responsibility, working with the lead to advise of progress and obstacles.
- Strong Training Delivery Skills: 5+ years direct experience of Training Facilitation including multiple delivery techniques (ILT, CBT, WBT)
- Strong Documentation Skills: 5+ years direct experience converting Test Scripts, Functional Documentation, or researching functional processes and converting that content or knowledge gathered into user training scripts and training documentation
- Strong Communication Skills: Excellent writing, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to communicate (comfortably) at various levels of an organization
- Strong Team Player: Ability to partner both Internally and Externally with client, teammates, and ability to work on your own and as a member of a collaborative team.
- Experience with Large ERP Implementations: 5+ Years combined experience
- US Citizen
- Strong Experience of Federal ERP Training: Multiple Large System Training "Implementations" for distant learning across vast delivery locations
- Strong Experience as a UPK Developer with some UPK Administration experience (not required)
- Experience (5-10 years) of Instructional Systems Design methodology in multiple ERP using the ADDIE or similar model
Nice to Have
- Experience as UPK Administrator in multiple UPK Implementations for teams of 4+ UPK developers
- DoD Oracle Federal Financials R12 Order to Cash (O2C), Procure to Pay (P2P), Projects (PA) and/or Budget to Report (B2R) experience.
- DoD Active Secret (within last 18 months)
- A servant heart and helpful mindset
- Certifications for all or some of the following: ISD, UPK Developer/Administrator, Oracle EBS, HR Administration
- Associations: SHRM, ATD (formerly ASTD)